Monday, May 28, 2012

Monday Social Experiment 2: Single Tasking


While I do multitask on a daily basis, I am personally not a fan of it. I dream of really giving my full attention to a single task from start to end. Given the kind of hectic life I (we) lead, it's a distant dream but a dream nevertheless.

So, as an experiment I would like to try out and see how it feels living like that for a day. Here is the experiment:

"Today's experiment is simple: To single task everything you do, from morning to the end of the day. So, when you walk you walk, don't listen to music on the way. When you are eating just eat, don't read newspaper. When you are working just work, don't chat with anyone (or let anyone distract you in any other way). When you are reading something online in a browser tab, just read that, don't let the gazillion other tabs and softwares running in background create a distraction. And also, don't let your mind control your thought process as you do any of the activities. Simply, single task everything. Nothing else."

I am pretty sure I will fail to do that, but I want to see how bad it turns out. Because that will tell me how far I am from the dream of mine. Will update in a few days how well it goes for me (and others who try it out with me).

No comments:

Post a Comment