Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Some changes on AOSM

Hi there, you readers of blogRSH! Today (and also in last few days) I made some (subtle and not-so subtle) changes to the blog. And I thought I should let you know about this (no surprises!):
  • First and foremost, the name of the blog is now "An Open Source Mind" rather than "The Open Source Mind" because:
    1. I thought my mind is not "thumping" enough to be called "The"
    2. I can't claim to have the only open source mind (in fact "The" and "Open-Source" sounds oxymoronic :)
  • Removed the "Twitter" and "Google Friend Connect" gadgets because I thought they weren't serving any purpose. Now the page looks cleaner (less garbage/distraction) and also loads a little faster (I think).
  • Changed the color of the header from white to black, which I believe gives it a bit more "authorative" feel.
  • Have adopted minimum color (mostly "blue" and "black") combo on the blog so that everything looks consistent and also gives it a bit more polished (and hopefully not bland) look.
  • I found out I had used a number of fonts at different places. So instead I have changed everything (except the Headlines of post) to "Philosopher" font (I quite like it :). Again going for consistency.
  • Also changed the color of the main text to a more saturated black. Let me know if it's easier to read now or was earlier.
  • Removed the "Reactions:" checkboxes (nobody uses it) and moved the labels close to the heading so as to help you know what the post is about.
  • Share options have been moved again at the bottom, so that you can share it (please :) only if you think it is worth sharing (after reading it of course).
  • And at least a few more changes (I will let you figure them out :)

I hope you like the new look (but the changes are evolutionary rather than revolutionary). Let me know what you feel. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment