Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Early Bird Day!

It's my taskbar, Make it Large!!

Today's experiment was also a success! But not exactly, the way I wanted it to be...

Well I wanted to get up as early in the morning as possible and get all the work that I did yesterday, done ASAP. I decided to give myself a head-start by sleeping around 9 pm. But then I started writing (not typing!) something which became interesting and took away 40 mins and I ended up going to bed by 9.45. And from there, all things started going wrong. I uncharacteristically woke up around 1 am at night (may be because of excitement of EB Day!) and then just couldn't sleep for an hour or so. What's worse somebody had taken the mobile in which I had set alarm; and even after asking, nobody woke me up at 5. Thankfully, I woke by 6 myself out of habit (now!).

It wasn't an auspicious start. And because it wasn't Get Shit Done Day today, I wasn't obliged to do work before play. So I ended up checking mail and commenting on friends' blogs. Once again couldn't stop myself from reading newspaper while having breakfast (eating away even more time).

Thankfully, the motivation to write this blog post gave me enough spirit to get (almost!) all the yesterdays' tasks done before 12 pm! Though, on Early Bird Day, I wanted to get it all done by 11 or even earlier but after all that happened in last few hours, I will accept this.

OK, so Day 2 also went fairly good, and my 31DLH Experiment/Project is rolling!

But what I noticed in these 2 days was that I was more concerned about just getting over the tasks and thinking of the next one of instead of actually enjoying the present one and being mindful while doing it. So to tackle that, tomorrow we will celebrate *Mind Your Own Work Day!*

1 comment:

  1. Mazel tov!
    Your Yearly Birthday was also a success! ;D

    and "Terminal Patient" haha very clever!

    Cannot guess what is "Mind Your Own Work Day". May be I'll know in next post.

    ReplyDelete